Located on Old Barrie Rd near 12th Line or Conc. 12, Lot 11 is the little cemetery known as Rugby Congregational Cemetery. There is no cairn or plaque located here, just a small patch next to an old building, east of the Rugby Community Hall.
The cemetery probably saw it's first burial in 1831 when little Mary Brown aged 4 years, 11 months died on September 15th, 1831. This was followed by William Brown in 1834 at the age of 44 years.
The congregation was not formed until 1847 by Rev. Ari Raymond, who built the church that once stood here and established the cemetery. The land was more than likely owned by the Brown family and used as a family burial plot until the congregation was established.
The congregation survived until the Methodist and Congregational church union in 1925 (United Church of Canada), then it moved to Hawkstone. Sometime after that the church building was demolished, leaving the cemetery to mark the spot. The last burial appears to have taken place in the early 1930's.
The cemetery is closed and receives minimal maintenance.