|Historic Plaque Holy Trinity|
Holy Trinity Burying Ground was est in the early 1800's, it is the first official cemetery for Thornhill. It is located on Yonge St., north of Center Street, on the west side. The Holy Trinity Church was built on this site in 1830, the church was moved in 1950 to Brooke Street. The church on this site today is the Thornhill Baptist Church, there has been a baptist congregation here since 1928. A number of early burials in this cemetery are United Empire Loyalists who migrated to Upper Canada in the late 1700's and early 1800's. The oldest head stone dated 1804 is for Rebecca Willson wife of John Willson, who fled New Jersey as loyalist refugees in 1793.
|Stone cairn commemorating the arrival of John Willson|
|Reverse of carin with John & Rebecca Willson's head stones|
|Loyalist grave markers.|