|Founding of The King City Cemetery Company|
King City Cemetery, aka Crossley Cemetery is located on the north side of King Rd. in King City. The cemetery was established in 1886 by a cemetery board when Nathaniel Crossley sold fives acres of land for the sum of one dollar to the trustees.
The first meeting of trustees was held in Kinghorn. Shares were made available to the public to help maintain the property and pay for a caretaker. Any person found in default in paying for their shares was denied burial.
The cemetery is non-denominational and is the resting place for numerous founding families of the area. One notable burial is that of Walter Rolling who was the first black educator in King Twp.