The Hilltop Gore Cemetery aka Clairville Public Cemetery was established in 1832 on land donated by John Eaton and Dickson Fletcher, who both donated 1 acre of land from their farms for a burying ground. There was originally a building that was both a school and church on this site. The burial records indicate that there are 279 registered burials, the first was for the infant daughter of Isaac Nattress in 1832. Her headstone is located in the cairn at the north end of the cemetery. A few other notable burials are that of William Porter, who imagrated to America in 1819 and worked as a contractor on the Erie, Welland and Rideau Canals, he settled in the Claireville area in 1832 and died in 1866. His family monument is under the large tree to the north west of the property. Another burial of note is that of George Bolton, who died in 1869 at the ripe old age of 90. He built and owned the mill in Bolton Village, now the Town of Bolton, which was named after him. There are also a number of U.E.L burials some who migrated from New Jersey and Pennsylvania to Vaughan Twp in the late 1790's . Some of these burials were relocated to Nashville Cemetery at a later date.