Lowville United Cemetery is located on the north side of Britannia Rd, west of Guelph Line in the village of Lowville, now part of the City of Burlington.
The first 1/2 acre of land was purchased by the trustees from Gideon Buck in 1864, another acre was donated in 1906 by Edwin Coulson. In 1955 another piece of and was donated by Howard Coulson and finally in 1972, .0652 acres was donated by Mrs. Irma Coulson. The Coulson family still reside in the area and probably have the majority of burials in the cemetery.
One of the first burials was that of a man named Jackson in 1854. He had died of a rare decease and medical students wanted his body for study. For weeks friends of Jackson's stood guard near his grave to prevent his body from being disturbed. Finally, they filled his grave with rocks and boulders and left it unmarked.
Today the site is maintained by the Lowville United Church Cemetery Board, Jackson's grave is some where still unmarked and undisturbed and the cemetery still receives burials.