|Church & Grounds|
|A Family lineage from 1740 for|
The Hall Family
St. Peter's Anglican Church and Cemetery is located at 1745 Dundas Street West, Mississauga on the north east corner of Dundas Street and Mississauga Road. The site over looks the Credit River to the east and sound of the rapids despite this busy intersection makes the area very serene. This tract of land on the Credit River was part of the Mississauga Indian Reserve.
The property was purchased from the Crown in 1828 for the sum of 10 shillings by a group of trustees that included Colonel Peter Adamson, who is buried here, and who donated the land for the site of St. Paul's Anglican Church and Cemetery in Norval in the 1840's.
|The Grave of Canadian Musician|
|The Grave of The Honorable |
General Peter Adamson
The cemetery which is still in use, and managed by the St. Peter's Cemetery Board, commemorates army officers, pensioners and the sons and daughters of United Empire Loyalists. The earliest marker is for John Smith who died in 1829. The first recorded burial however is for an unmarked grave. St. Peter's Anglican burial register show two burials that took place in September of 1828 just after the property was purchased by the trustees.
One of the more famous burials in this cemetery is that of renowned Canadian musician, Oscar Peterson, who died in 2007.