|Grave of Timothy Street|
Founder of Streetsville
|Grave of John Embleton|
|Grave of Issac Weylie|
Streetsville Memorial Cemetery, aka Scotch Burying Grounds is located on the east side of Queen Street (Mississauga Road) in the village of Streetsville, Mississauga. The cemetery was established in 1824 on land deeded by Timothy Street, founder of Streetsville to the trustees of the Presbyterian Church for a Protestant burying ground. It was the first official burial ground to serve the area.
The first registered burial was that of Lachlan McLachlan who died on the Credit River trying to free a log jam. Unfortunately his marker is one the many that is missing. The cemetery had according to records, 500 burials, but there are only 293 surviving headstones of those burials. Amongst, the more notable burials are Timothy Street, founder of Streetsville who is in the company of many of the original settler families of this area. The cemetery was closed in 1891, but there are burials into the early 1900's for those who had family plots.
The cemetery was restored and rededicated in 1993 and is designated a heritage site. A number of pioneer head stones have been set into six cairns that located around the grounds. There is also an information plaque located at the front of the cemetery with a history of Streetsville.
St Andrews Presbyterian Church is located to the north of the cemetery in is still an active congregation to this day.