|St. Patrick's R.C. Church, Brampton|
|Cairn Containing Headstones from|
the Original Settler Burials
|The Wifes of Barnard McMahon|
|Cairn with the names of 375 people|
St. Patrick's R.C. Church and Cemetery is located on the S/E corner of The Gore and Mayfield Roads in Brampton. The area was originally called Grantville in 1833 after a scotch settler named Simon Peter Grant, then Gibbon in 1873 after Father John Joseph Gibbon and finally in 1891, Wildfield. In 1834, 200 acres were deed to the trust of St. Patrick's Parish with the N/W corner being designated as a cemetery. The rest of the property was used as a farm to educate orphaned boys The first registered burial occurred in 1833 that of Catherine Burns. The present day church on the property was built by Father Francis McSpirit in 1894.
In 1964 the upright head stones were gathered into the cairn which is located at the front of the property and only in ground monuments are now used. A cairn also contains a large bronze plaque containing the names of 375 settlers who were buried here. The parish is still active, but the cemetery is only open to those who have family plots. This site is a designated heritage site by the Brampton Heritage Board.