Bethesda Congregational Cemetery is located on the north side of Old Barrie Rd, just west of Line 2 in Oro-Medonte. The congregation was originally established in 1838 by Rev. Ari Raymond and his wife who were sent to the area by the Congregational Church Mission in Boston to administer to the black community.
The original church on this site burnt to the ground in 1845. In 1846 Rev. Raymond built another house on this land and held services in the kitchen for many years. In 1859 another wooden framed church was built and it was bricked over in 1890. The congregation closed in 1899 and the church building was finally removed in 1965. In 1971 a memorial cairn was erected on the property.
The first burial took place around the early 1830's the last was in 2010. The cemetery still receives burials for those who hold family plots.