The Deforrest Cemetery is located on the N/W corner of Derry Rd and Walkers Line in the Town of Milton. Not much is know about it other than the land was a crown grant to Elizabeth Deforrest. The 1877 Historical Atlas of Halton County shows that this particular piece of land belonged to John Deforrest. However, there is no indication of a cemetery on the property at that time.
Some say that the cemetery belonged to the Anglicans, others say that it belonged to the Methodists. Others claim that it was started out of necessity by the Deforrest family with others from the area also being buried there. Other than that there is not much else known.
The cemetery today is in the care of the Town of Milton.