Bloomfield Cemetery is located on the west side of 6th Line, south of Steeles Ave in the Town of Milton. The cemetery was established on land donated by Richard Bloomfield in 1835. In 1836 a wooden church was built to serve the Methodist congregation, which continued until 1876 when a new church was built in Hornby. The old church building was split into two to build drive sheds for neighboring farms.
In 1963 the Oakville Cemetery Board restored the old cemetery setting the headstones in cement. Unfortunately, only one of these cairns exists today the one in the center of the property. The one on the south side has become overgrown with lilac bushes and the stones that were originally placed in it have toppled over. These stones are starting to deteriorate and most of the inscriptions are now illegible.
The cemetery today is in the care of the Town of Milton.