St John's Anglican Cemetery is located on east side of Yonge Street, south of Stouffville Road in Jefferson (Richmond Hill). The area was originally settled by expelled French Royalists in 1799. This settlement would only last until 1827 as the hardships of frontier life would prove to much.
The cemetery was established in 1848 on land donated by Captain Martin MacLeod of Dynock. The church building, originally called St. John the Baptist, would be completed two years later in 1850 and consecrated by Bishop John Strachan first Bishop of Toronto in 1856.
Today the church is still in service and the cemetery is also still in use.