|Cairn with headstones|
The first Nassagaweya Presbyterian Church was built in Haltonville (Milton, Ont.) in 1839. The original church records are missing, but there was a society of trustees in 1836 who decided to build the original church. The present day church was built in 1861 and the congregation increased steadily until about 1869 when the congregation in Campbellville was organized.
The cemetery was established in 1866, but there is evidence of earlier burials on this land by the headstones that are in the cairn located to west of the church. However, there are no known burial records for them.
The church building was designated a Heritage Building in 2004 and is still an active congregation to this day, the cemetery also still receives burials.