|Old Family Plot|
Moore's United Church Cemetery, aka Bell's Presbyterian Church Cemetery is located on the S/E corner of Derry and Bramalea Roads in Malton area of Mississauga. It is actually just east of the FedEx Air Terminal which is part of the Toronto Pearson International Airport.
A 1/2 acre of land for a church and cemetery was donated by James Trotter in 1833 to the Presbyterian Church trustees. James sold the rest of the land to the Moore family, who's farm is now part of the runways of Toronto Pearson Int'l Airport.
A log structure was built on the land in 1830 and was known as Bell's Church after Rev. Andrew Bell, who was one of the trustees. The church was abandoned and then destroyed by fire in 1877. The cemetery is located to the east of where to church once stood. Foundation stones can still be found in the ground in this area. Most of the head stones are lying flat on the ground, there are a few of the larger ones still standing.
The earliest marker is for Samuel Wallace of Chinguacousy Twp who died in 1843. The latest burial was in 1982 for the Crippen Family.
Access to this area is difficult as it is on a very busy stretch of Derry Road. The cemetery is maintained by the City of Mississauga.