|Gates to Melville Church Cemetery|
|Church est in 1849. Now the North Toronto|
Chinese Baptist Church.
|Earliest Marker in Cemetery|
Robert Gormley d. 1854.
Melville Church Cemetery is located on the west side of Kennedy Road between Elgin Mills Road E and 19th Avenue in the Town of Markham. The Church to north of the cemetery was established in 1849 and was originally the Free Church Presbyterian. It became United Church of Canada in 1925 and since the last transcription of the cemetery in the late 1990's the Church has become the North Toronto Chinese Baptist Church and is no longer part of the cemetery property. The fence surrounding the cemetery does not include the church property and there is no longer any access from the church property.
The land for both the cemetery and church was donated by George Mustard in 1848. The earliest burial is for Robert Gormley in 1854. The gates and fence surrounding the cemetery are a recent addition and a plaque on the north gate post states. " In Remembrance est 1849", and on the south gate post "Melville Cemetery." The cemetery still received burials and is managed by Cemetery Board.