|Dickson Hill Cemetery, Markham|
|Headstones of two children|
|Cairns containing the pioneer headstones from the original cemetery|
Dickson Hill Cemetery is located in the hamlet of Dickson Hill in Markham. It is just east of Markham Road (Hwy 48) between 18th and 19th Avenues on the west side of Dickson Hill Road. The cemetery was established c.1810, the land was originally patented to Samuel Moore. In 1833 Ludwich Wideman purchased the land from Stephen Moore for the sum of 3 pounds, a descendant of Ludwich's, Henry Wideman was buried here in 1810 after being killed by a falling tree. Dickson Hill Cemetery has always been a non-denomination burying ground and is not affiliated with any church, although a Lutheran church is next door to it. The cemetery still continues to be used and is the final resting place for many of the founding families and their descendants in the Markham and Whitechurch areas.