|Wesleyan Methodist Chapel c 1845|
|Original Victoria Square Cemetery|
|Early Tombstones in the East Cemetery|
Victoria Square United Cemetery is divided into two locations, east and west. The east cemetery is located on the east side of Woodbine Ave. just north of Elgin Mills Rd. in the Town of Markham. Its original denomination was Primitive Methodist and the earliest burial was around 1820.
The west location, which is south of Elgin Mills Rd. was originally Wesleyan Methodist, now United Church of Canada. The earliest burial on the west side was in 1845 and this side is still an active cemetery.
At the rear of the west cemetery is a restored wooden structure which is representative of a Wesleyan Chapel circa 1845. The present red brick church on this site was the second church to be built in 1880. It is now part of the United Church of Canada and is still an active congregation.
The cemetery is managed by the Victoria United Church Cemetery Board.