Saturday, February 19, 2011

Caesar's (Wesleyan Methodist) Cemetery, Caledon







Caesar's (Wesleyan Methodist) Cemetery is located in Caledon on the S/E corner of Dixie Rd and Boston Mills Rd.  It was est. in 1820 and closed in 1961 although there were two more burials one in 1973 and the other in 1975.  The land was donated by James Caesar who built the first church on this site. When the building burnt down a second  one (this building no longer exists either) was built across the road on the S/W corner but the original burying ground remained and has always been refered to as Caesar's Cemetery. Caesar's Cemetery was a free burying ground except for grave fees. It is maintained today by the Town of Caledon.

No comments:

Post a Comment